5.11 TacTec Plate Carrier - Security and function-heavy defense were front of mind when the folks at 5.11 developed the TacTec Plate Carrier. Its lightweight construction means high-grade ballistic protection won't slow you down. Comfort is key to providing ultimate protection. Padded straps and panels throughout the vest reduce irritation. Further eliminating uncomfortable hotspots, the tactical vest features breathable airflow channels in zonal areas. As durable as it is comfortable, the TacTec Plate Carrier is made from tightly woven 500 denier nylon. Not only is the material abrasion-resistant, but it also repels water. This fast, light and durable armor is battle-tested and ready to withstand intense operations.
Features of 5.11 TacTec Plate Carrier
- Made from 500 denier nylon
- Padded shoulder straps utilize breathable aerospace mesh
- Will fit up to an XL (46"-48" chest)
- Can hold medium (12.5" x 9.5" x 2") or large (13.25" x 10.25" x 2.25") ballistic plates
- Quick-grab extendable/reinforced drag handle with a low-profile look
- Padded zonal panels on the interior of the vest incorporate oversized airflow channels for breathability
- Skeletonized waistband
- One handed quick-release cable/escape system
- Web platform made of laser-cut micro-loop
Our new line of TacTec Plate Carriers offer protection where you need it most, creating a bulwark of superior penetration resistance without the weight or bulkiness of a traditional flak jacket. Designed to ensure high performance protection while remaining lightweight and mobile, the TacTec Plate Carrier features a skeletonized waistband and yoke shoulder pads for a secure and comfortable fit, an integrated web platform, a one-handed quick-release/escape system, and adjustable elastic tensional bands for stability during periods of high activity. Tactical Plate Carriers also feature our patent-pending low profile GrabDrag handle for fast recovery of downed personnel.