The purpose of this post is to compile a list of the very best apps that would be useful to preppers and anyone trying to learn some survival skills. If you would like to recommend an app, please leave a comment below and if I like it I’ll add it to the list.
It should be noted that after an EMP or some other apocalyptic event, your phone might not even work. But in the meantime, these apps are a convenient way to learn about survivalism, whether you’re sitting on the toilet or waiting in line at the store. Now on to the list, in alphabetical order:
1. Army Survival Guide – The U.S. Army knows how to train their personnel to survive. Their field manual is the most authoritative guide on survival. This app is over 1,400 pages and provides a complete reference guide on basic survival, evasion, first aid and recovery information. Links: Apple iTunes.
2. Bug Out Bag Survival Guide – Don’t forget a single item for your bug out bag. This app walks you through the process, keeps track of what is in your bag, and reminds you when items need to be replaced. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
3. CB Radio Box / CB Radio Chat – This allows you to chat with users close-by or around the world. Don’t expect real CB channels (or truckers) here, but the app brings the spirit of CB communication to your phone. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
5. Cures A-Z – The ultimate guide to natural remedies. This is a great way to educate yourself, and it could come in handy if you run out of medicine and can’t find a doctor (at least for minor problems). Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
9. FEMA – The official app of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Includes an interactive checklist for emergency supplies and information on how to survive disasters. List:Apple iTunes, Google Play.
10. First Aid White Cross – An easy to use application that will allow you to correctly handle an emergency situation. All the basic information you need for the correct handling of an emergency case is illustrated and shortly described. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
11. First Aid by American Red Cross – Includes step-by-step instructions for common first aid skills along with example videos and interactive quizzes. Great way to brush up on your skills. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
12. Flashlight – This flashlight app comes with a built-in compass and allows you to adjust the brightness. Could be very handy if you don’t have any other sources of light. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
13. Google Earth – The perfect app for when you find yourself lost in the wilderness. After it finds your position via GPS, you can zoom out and find the nearest road, river, lake, or whatever else you’re looking for. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
15. Knots 3D – Learn how to make any kind of knot by watching a step-by-step 3D demonstration. In addition, it teaches you what each knot is commonly used for along with its strengths and weaknesses. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
17. Pet First Aid – Let’s not forget about our pets. There are too many scenarios where veterinarians might be unavailable. This information in this app has saved many animals’ lives. Links: Apple iTunes.
18. Pocket First Aid & CPR – Whether you’re at home or on the road, the American Heart Association’s Pocket First Aid & CPR app is at your fingertips with concise, clear instructions to care for you and your loved ones. Links: Apple iTunes.
19. Practical Preppers – Created by Scott Hunt, expert adviser on the show Doomsday Preppers. Over 200 prepping videos, interactive checklists, and other tools. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
20. Prep & Pantry – Excellent way to keep track of your food and other pantry items’ locations, quantities, and expiration dates. It even includes a bar code scanner to make it easier. Links:Apple iTunes, Google Play.
21. Radioactivity Counter – Believe it or not, this will turn your phone into a geiger mueller Counter. The only extra hardware you need is black tape to cover the lens. Links: Apple iTunes,Google Play.
24. Spy Glass / Smart Compass – Much more than just a compass. When you hold your phone up, the compass overlays real-time video. This way you can head in the direction of a landmark without constantly re-checking your compass. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
25. St John Ambulance First Aid – Find out what to do in common medical emergencies. Up to date first aid advice and protocols with illustrations and audio instructions. Links: Apple iTunes,Google Play.
26. Survival Guide – Based on the FM 21-76 U.S. Military Survival Manual. Works in portrait and landscape mode with zoom functionality so you can see the text and images. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
27. Ultimate Survival Manual – Based on the U.S Army Field Manual 3-05.70. This app will show you how to get through almost any survival scenario. Links: Apple iTunes.
28. ViewRanger GPS – Find your GPS mapped location even when the Internet is unavailable. With thousands of route guides and trails at your fingers, you will be able to find the best route. Links: Apple iTunes, Google Play.
29. Weatherbug – Find out what is happening with local weather in real time. This will be essential when the power goes out due to a storm. This is the most popular weather app. Links:Apple iTunes, Google Play.
30. Wild Edibles – Helps you forage for food in the wild. Includes pictures and descriptions of over 150 edibles along with warnings of poisonous plants that look similar to edible ones. Links:Apple iTunes, Google Play.
This article is from http://urbansurvivalsite.com/survival-apps/
Comments will be approved before showing up.